The T-80U (U = improved), introduced in about 1985, was a complete upgrade of the basic version of the T-80 which incorporated, among other things, the latest version of explosive reactive armour (Contact 5). In addition the cannon now had the capability to fire a new laser-guided projectile. The T-80UD (D = Diesel) also has a diesel engine instead of the noisy, difficult-to-maintain, fuel-guzzling gas turbine. In addition to the Soviet Union and its successor states Russia and the Ukraine, this version is also in service in Pakistan. In August 1991 the T-80UD became better known when it was used on the streets of Moscow in the putsch against the Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachov. Model details: Rotating turret; True-to-original tracks with injection moulded segments; Hatches can be opened and closed; Smoke grenade dischargers; Separate fuel tanks at rear; and 4 different versions can be painted (2 x Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan).
The Phantom was one of the most powerful and versatile aircraft of the nineteen seventies and eighties. It was in service in eleven countries including 5 NATO states. The German air force flew 273 of these Hot ovens, out of a total build of 5,000. The prototype of this fighter interceptor flew for the first time in 1958. Derived from the RF-4C, the RF-4E version went into service with the German air force in 1971. It was then the most powerful tactical reconnaissance plane of the western world. The 88 reconnaissance planes in the Federal German air force were stationed at Leck (AG-52) and Bremgarten (AG-51). The AG-52 from Leck attended the NATO Tigermeet in 1984 in this particularly striking special livery. Model details: Detailed cockpit with 2 seats; Landing gear optionally extended or retracted; Detailed representation of structures of surface with recessed panel lines; Structural details of wings; Auxiliary tanks; Reconnaissance segment in nose; ALQ 119 pod; and Decals for Tigermeet version, Leck AG-52 and Bremgarten AG-51.
Instead of the stereoscopic range finder of its predecessor, the M 60 A3 was equipped with a laser range finder and an M 21 computerized fire control system together with thermal imaging aiming and tracking equipment. In addition it had a weapon stabilization system and a crosswind sensor. The M68 105 mm cannon was equipped with a thermal sleeve, it now had a 7.62 mm M 240 acting as coaxial MG. The commander’s cupola with 360 degree traverse and 12.7 mm Fla-MG was taken over unchanged. In action, 63 x 105 mm cartridges, 900 x 12.7 mm cartridges and 6,000 x 7.62 mm cartridges were carried in the vehicle. An automatic halon fire extinguisher system and smoke projectile system consisting of six dischargers on each side of the turret, made up the equipment of these vehicles, which remained in service with the US army into the nineties. Model details: Traversing turret; Traversing commandant’s cupola with opening hatch; Injection molded tracks in segments; Separate mesh basket for turret; and Imitation tow rope made of yarn.
The C-160 started life as a joint project of the French and German aviation industries which wanted to develop a transport aircraft. Still today, this safe twin-engine propeller aircraft with its large rear loading door carries cargoes of aid to far-flung crisis areas. Model details: Detailed cockpit; Detailed landing gear; and Decals.
The Scottish regiments had served in the British army since the union of Scotland with England, so they were included in the ranks of the 8th Army. Under General Bernard Montgomery the 8th Army fought against German/Italian units in North Africa. After initial heavy defeats, the 8th Army succeeded in forcing the German units under General Erwin Rommel to retreat at the second Battle of El Alamein and thus averted the danger that Egypt would be taken. Includes 50 figures.
In 1941, the German Africa Corps under General Erwin Rommel, stationed in North Africa in support of their Italian allies in Libya, dominated the area for a long time due to their modern equipment and good leadership. In the heavy desert actions of 1941 and 1942 the Africa Corps forced the British forces, which were numerically superior, right back to the gates of Cairo. But in 1943, after the second Battle of El Alamein, they were hemmed in by the British and Americans and had no alternative but to surrender and retreat. Includes 50 figures.